Are outside caters allowed ?
- Normally we don’t allow. If outside caterer is permitted then guest have to pay full exclusive venue hire for the day and £1500+VAT for kitchen use and a deposit of £500 which will be refunded after the event – procedures need to be put in place to make sure the kitchen is left spotless.
- Outside caterers need to bring their own staff, kitchen utensil, crockery, cutlery, linen etc.,
- We provide the bar (outside catering not allowed to use our bar)
Do you allow to bring drinks from outside?
The answer is NO. If insist then the Corkage is as follows:
- £15+VAT champagne and prosecco
- £10+VAT wine
- £5+VAT per person soft drinks (can bring as much as)
- £2.50+VAT bottles of beer
- We provide glassware; need to bring the drink(s) minimum of 1 day before the event so we can chill it.
- Need to make sure we know how much they are bringing in
- Spirits or draught are not allowed to bring in onto the island.
Do we get larger boats?
Yes, we provide larger boats on chargeable basis. Please talk to our executives for more details
Is there any sound restrictions?
There are strict sound restrictions on the island
- No PA systems on the lawns
- Can have acoustics music on the lawns
- In MARQUEE
- All sound has to go through the PA system no extra speakers
- A drum kit has to use electric drum kit
- All bands need to have a sound technician and in ear monitor (extra charge to the client unless the band provides them).
- In BRITANNIA
- Bands have to bring all their own PA equipment
- Can have a drum kit
- There is a limiter when the band are too loud it cuts out all the electricity for a couple of minutes
What time do Bars usually close??
- Last orders 23:30
- Bar closes 23:45
- Finish 00:00
What are the available AV equipment?
- Portable PA system (speaker)
- Fitted sound system
- Projector screen (small and large)
- 12ft wooden dance floor
- Blue chair
- Round table
- Trestle table
- Chiavari chair
Do you have car parking facility?
Yes we have.
- At Thames Sailing Club
- Park approximately 30 – 50 cars
Please talk to our event coordinator(s) for more details
Can I visit your island ?
Yes. We have show around facility with prior appointment
- On weekdays between 10am and 4pm
- Sometimes we dedicate one staff on Saturday for an hour or two with proper appointment as we need to make all arrangements in advance.
How do reach your island?
To get over to Ravens Ait need to go to the yellow steps opposite the island on the Queen’s Promenade next to the Thames Sailing Club. Just give us a wave and the ferryman will come on over.
The ferry runs throughout the event and is free.
What about public events?
From Sunday lunches through to open air cinema screenings, we host a range of experiences for the public. Enjoy everything the island has to offer and discover your own unique experience.
Check periodically our website or advertisements in social media for events and timings?