Are outside caterers allowed ?
If you wish to provide outside catering there will be an external catering charge of £1,500 + VAT to use the kitchen.
Additionally, all external caterers need to provide the following:
- F&B service staff
- Cooking utensils
- Additionally, they will also have to take their waste offsite
All outside caterers do a site visit and we require that they provide certificates to show they operate under appropriate food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
We will ask for a deposit of £500 for the kitchen’s use and will provide a checklist outlining the cleaning standards to be met when finishing up. Once signed off by our facilities team, the deposit is returned within 24 hours.
Can we bring our own alcohol?
Please get in touch with our sales team for our drinks package.
Bar prices are in line with bars and pubs in the local area and we base our inventory on both popular demand and developing trends.
Bar tabs must be pre-paid or settled before our bar closes.
Soft Drinks (from the tap) can be purchased at £8 per head (unlimited consumption).
CORKAGE (all prices are vat inclusive)
Cans are strictly not allowed
£1.50 per carton
£2.00 per bottle
£25.00 per bottle of spirits
£15.00 per bottle of champagne and prosecco
£10.00 per bottle wine
£2.50 per bottles of beer
Can we get larger boats?
We do have larger boats but this must be confirmed during booking. Kindly speak to our executives for more details.
Are there any sound restrictions?
– No PA systems on the lawns
– In the marquee, all sound has to go through the PA system (no extra speakers)
– Drumkits not allowed in Marquee – electric drumkits only
– Acoustic music permitted on the lawns
– If playing in the marquee, all bands need to have a sound technician and in-ear monitor (extra charge to the client unless the band provides them)
– When performing in the Britannia bands have to bring all their own PA equipment
– They are allowed to bring and use a drumkit.
– There is a limiter installed in Britannia, which cuts the circuit for approximately 2 minutes when the noise-limit is breached. The indicator on the device flashes red when nearing the noise-limit.
Sound in the Britannia is restricted to 100db.
Music on the marquee dance floor plays at 98db
As you approach the back of the room it lowers to 83Db on the fill speakers towards the back of the room.
‘Zone array’ technology allows us to keep a higher volume for guests on the dancefloor whilst maintaining lower volumes at the back for those that wish to relax and enjoy a drink
What time do bars close?
Last orders are at 23.30 and the bar closes at 23.45. Events end at 00.00.
What are the available AV equipments?
– Portable PA system (speaker)
– Fitted ‘zone array’ system
– Projector screen (small and large)
– Projectors must be hired at an additional cost.
– 12ft wooden dance floor
Are there parking facilities on the Island?
The prices and capacity are as follows:-
- £250+VAT to hire Thames Sailing car, a 1-minute walk from ferry point.
- 30 – 50 cars can be parked depending on use of space.
- £150+VAT TA car park, 10-minute walk from near Kingston Town.
- 10 – 20 Cars can be parked depending on use of space.
Can we visit the Island?
Yes you can. Please call ahead to make an appointment with our staff and we can show you around our facilities. On weekdays we are available from 10am to 4pm and with prior notice we dedicate one staff on Saturday for an hour or two to help you look at the Venue.
How do we reach the Island?
To get over to Ravens Ait you need to go to the yellow steps opposite the island on the Queen’s Promenade next to the Thames Sailing Club. Just give us a wave and the ferryman will come on over.
The ferry runs throughout the event and is free.
Do you host Public Events?
From Sunday lunches to open air cinema screenings, we host a wide range of experiences for the public. Enjoy everything the island has to offer and discover your own unique experience.
Check our website periodically and keep an eye out for our advertisements on social media for events and timings.